I never touched a lizard until 4 months ago. Now it's no big deal. I have the utmost respect for snakes and never go near them, around them or especially toward them. I like squirrels. I always thought of them as cute rats. I even put feeders in our backyard for them to bulk up for winter. Birds are amazing. They're beautiful and yes, I have a bird bath in the front yard and don't get mad when the squirrels eat from the bird feeder.
I respect serpents, like critters and appreciate nature. OUTSIDE! Does anyone know how to tell a cat this?
Marley brought a bird in the house today. I saw her come through the cat door with something in her mouth and I immediately thought, "not another squirrel"! It was wiggling and she went under the dining room table. When I tried to get it from her off it flew and feathers went everywhere! A bird. A small bird. I immediately thought how the hell am I going to catch a bird? The boys were outside riding bikes with a friend and I was watching this thing flying all over the place and smacked hard into the french door that goes into the sunroom. The same door that keeps Cheerio safe from the cats. It finally found the dining room window and flew behind the blinds. I opened the doors and it flew into a cabinet in the kitchen. I crawled on the counter top and tried to scare it out. It finally flew out the kitchen door, into the garage and back home (I hope)!
Just another day in the city. Gee, I wonder what it'll be like to actually live in the country. It was never this interesting where I grew up in Mississippi.
2 comments:
boy, you're getting your share of action over there. whew! common denominator seems to be that darned cat!! think you better have a serious talk with him! ha ha. another lucky critter survives the clutches of the cottage cat.
lol...darned cat is right. I tried talking to him and even give him tuna and salmon. It appears he's a sportsman and likes the simple pleasures of hunting!
Post a Comment