Country Background

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

So much for the Cucumbers...and the squash...and the pole beans....

but the blooms were beautiful.  They were perfectly healthy plants with beautiful blooms on all of them.  I tried everything I could...I'm going to challenge the spoils of summer's garden with the hope of a better fall planting.  I still have bush lima's that are doing quite well and the tomatoes are still producing.  So it isn't a complete wash.  Oh, by the way...my sweet potatoes are amazing.  I can't believe how well they took (knocking on wood).

I think it's a good thing I started with the garden before I jumped into the garden and chickens.  And suddenly my flexible, part time job has turned full time 7 days a week and not flexible at all.  I asked to go back to the original set of 4 stores and no luck.  They said "NO". Great.  So now I'm stressing having the boys homeschool work evaluated and getting the new school year on track along with working everyday.

Am I complaining?  I realize how blessed I am to have a job.  Any job in this economy is a blessing.  Especially when my specialty (real estate) is a disaster.   Oh, the good ole days.

So, I'm going to plan on a fall/winter garden and not sweat the small stuff.

Peace to All!  

2 comments:

Hopeful said...

oh, so sorry your cucumbers and squash didn't turn out along with some other things! at least you are getting tomatoes. yay! ah, the work is a blessing but i wish you had more time! hope things get easier with the job.

Cheryl at The Cottage Times said...

Fortunately, I work to live. It's all a means to an end. A little slice of heaven in the country. I hope all is well. It looks like you had a great time in Mexico. Take Care.