My squash are gone. The leaves wilted and the stems became gooey one at a time. I kept pulling the bad plants out as they went bad and once a white worm came out with the roots I took it out of the box and am certain it was the culprit. What can I do? Almost all of the plants in that planter didn't make it. The bell peppers were stunted and never grew more than 2 inches tall and I tried onions and they never made it either. I have an eggplant and pepper plant that are hanging on for dear life. If they don't produce anything in the next month I'm going to pull it all and work on organically boosting the soil and replant.
A really cool thing is that I have lady bugs everywhere taking care of business. I love it. I've been spraying for pests with an organic spray. I need to find out if ants are a bad thing? Black ants are all over the plants and in the soil. I'll have to look that up.
I also have to self pollinate my pole beans and cucumbers. They have plenty of blooms but they aren't producing. So this will be something new for me. That's on the "to do" list for this weekend.
On a positive note, the sweet potatoes are thriving and babies are popping up everywhere. The tomatoes are still producing and I have purple hull peas and lima beans that will be ready to pick any day.
It's a process and I would love advice if anyone feels inclined to toss it my way!
Thanks for reading and as always,
Peace!
2 comments:
Hi, black ants are not harmfull, they kind of feed out of the plants, so I leave them alone.
check the acidity content of your soil, they are several kits available and this will help you decide on the amendements possible to better your soil.
Happy Independence day to you and your family.
Thanks! That's a good idea.
Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!
Post a Comment