Country Background

Sunday, January 29, 2012

I'm on day 25 of my 30 day juice fast. My husband never thought I would do it. Ha!  Drinking a diet can seem daunting and a little insane but it's really very easy.  I started this whole endeavor wondering if the documentary Fat Sick and Nearly Dead could really be true.  Could it be that easy to Reboot your health and feel amazing from drinking something that looks like it was made for the movie Soylent Green?

My biggest hurdle was the green.  It looks like waste water.  The flavor is completely different.   I've learned how to add various herbs and greens to make it taste amazing.  Did I say that?  Oh, by the way.  After 5 days on the diet (the first 4 you're detoxing and it isn't pretty) you feel so great.  Energy came from out of no where.  I've been cleaning, organizing, looking for a job (have a phone interview tomorrow *baby steps*) and my clothes are getting loose.  My biggest surprise is my focus.  It's vivid and amazing.

I've lost 20 pounds so far and feel better than ever.  I encourage anyone that has a juicer to take a couple handfuls of cilantro, 3 sticks of celery, 2 handfuls of spinach and 3 stalks of collards (they're in season) and 3 or 4 small tomatoes.  Add a 1/4 to 1/2 an lemon for a little zest.  Juice it and it is insanely good and great for your body.  Primarily this is a detox diet that you can do 1, 3 or 10 days.  Those of us with a weight to lose and health to gain do it much longer in intervals.  I'm going 30 on 10 days off until my weight is 135!

The Reboot has changed my outlook on me, my family and my life.  I have to share this with you.  If I don't then I'm letting you, my blog family down.  If you feel tired, no motivation, are overweight and sluggish.  If you don't sleep well or are restless.  If you have intestinal, autoimmune over vascular issues, if you have joint pains, migraines give it a try.  I promise you, if you stick with it and don't cheat you will see the benefits.  Always consult your personal physician before a diet.

If you can find it, it may be at the library, watch the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.  It is the most eyeopening look at our health and how pure nutrients gained from drinking pure veggies and fruits can heal us!

Have a Great Weekend and as always,
Peace!

No comments: