Country Background

Saturday, January 21, 2012

No Waste on a Raw Veggie Fruit Diet!

I'm realizing something fascinating now that I'm on my Reboot juice fast.  There is NO waste!  Nothing.  I recycle the bags and the pulp left over from the juicer goes into the compost.  I only drink water and occasionally a broth.  The garbage comes from the packaging of preparing my families meals and "stuff" we buy.  Thank heavens, even that is going down.  Now that I am once again, not working, we have reigned in pointless spending and meals are usually made from scratch.  The kids are getting used to our lifestyle, even cancelling the cable.  Yes there is life after Sponge Bob!!!   We are creatures of habit and the first month was hard for them.  Now it's just a new lifestyle that is getting greener all the time.

I have a lot of late winter/early spring yard work to do and that, along with finding a job, is my focus.  Oh, I also bought my domain name but have no idea how to create a website.  So this is something else I need to research, learn and put together.  The boys friend from last year is allowed to play with them once again and I'm crossing my fingers, really tight, that my little old neighborhood is finding balance once again.

Peace!

1 comment:

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

That is so great that you are all living a more "greener & recycled" lifestyle! Seems these days we live in a world that's all about excess, but if you think about it, most of the things we have in our lives we can do without! :)

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind comment. I've enjoyed my visit here and look forward to coming back!


Best,
Jessie