Country Background

Friday, November 19, 2010

The Clothes Line Saves Big Money!

Last month I decided to try an experiment began line drying all of our laundry.  I wanted to see if it really did make a difference in our electricity bill.  Boy was I surprised.  I cut over 30.00 off our first electricity bill.  Mike was skeptical at first. He thought there would be mites in the clothes or they would be stiff...He loves the fresh smell of the laundry and I love the peace of hanging it up.  Now that we see the savings...it's a keeper!

2 comments:

Hopeful said...

that's great! i bet you could do a lot more with that $30 than give it to the utility company! we completely ditched our dryer when we moved in also. yay!

Tina said...

I miss my clothesline! I never dried anything when I had one. The towels were a little stiff, but so much more absorbent!
Cute blog...you have a new follower!