Country Background

Friday, September 17, 2010

Tip for a great inexpensive exfoliator - Miracle Whip

Times are lean and my trips to have mani/pedi's are a thing of the past. Now I opt for a more peaceful time at home grooming myself to my own music with a glass of wine. I look back and can't believe the money I convinced myself to spend for pampering my fingers and toes.

One thing that is hard to deny is taking care of your skin. Skin cleansers are pricey and I have one that is an excellent exfoliator. It is probably in your frig right now. Miracle Whip!
It doesn't smell of rosehips and lavender but the outcome is amazing. If you have sensitive skin do a test area first to be sure you don't any type of reaction. Take a small amount (right out of the container) and spread a thin layer over your entire face including eyelids, around the mouth and jaw line. After 10 minutes or so the mayo will melt from the warmth of your skin. Begin rubbing it in small circles with your fingers. As you rub over the surface you will fell the old dead skin cells schluff off. You will be surprised at the amount of dead skin that will fall away. Continue rubbing the entire face until you don't feel anymore skin pulling away. Wash your face as you normally would and you are left with a smooth complexion. I'm going to begin this every 2 weeks.

Let me know how it works for you. It doesn't smell great but works wonders.
Take Care and...
Peace!

No comments: