We all woke up to the sound of a squeaky toy again. I immediately bolted to check on Cheerio. He looked confused when I saw him still in the crate. Then I saw my two cats, Bones and Marley stalking the couch and looking underneath. Another One! Bones brought in another baby squirrel.
We put the cats outside and cornered it. It was the same size as Cheerio and we put in with Cheerio to see if it was injured. Luckily he was just scared and because he had been in the wild longer than Cheerio we let it go back into the trees. He didn't seem to have any problem and ran right up the tree.
I hate that my cats are doing this. I'm not sure how to keep them from bringing in the squirrels, lizards, geckos and snake in. Rodents and reptiles. Yuck. My husband joked that at least it wasn't a rat. I would have to draw the line at a river rat. The thought freaks me out. So what do you think?
1 comment:
just don't look at the tail of a rat, and it will be as cute as the squirrel! glad the new one was able to be released. yay! well, at least the cats are good at doing what they are supposed to do. that's one way to look at it!
Post a Comment