Country Background

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Our Cheerio!

Cheerio is doing great. He's been with us for 2 weeks now and is getting bigger everyday. I've been putting him outside on one of our huge oaks to acclimate him into the wild. He is so sweet and comes back to me after traveling the lower half of the tree. It's going to be hard to say goodbye. This has been such a great experience for the kids and our entire family. I have more pictures posted at the bottom of the blog.

2 comments:

Hopeful said...

he is sooo cute! yes, it will be tough to say goodbye, but you are doing the right thing, i'm sure. do you think he's able to fend for himself and knows what to do out there? what a great experience!

Cheryl at The Cottage Times said...

He's not ready yet. He is learning to forage. He's found items in my sunroom (where I keep him safe from the cats)and started shredding tissues in his crate. I loved seeing that. He is hoarding the nuts I'm giving him in his cage also. A neighbor told me one day when we put him in the tree he'll just go. Until then...we'll spoil him silly with mixed nuts and water.