We ended our trip yesterday by traversing the Blue Ridge Parkway from Virginia to Asheville NC. The temperature was a cool 66 all morning. As soon as we drove off the parkway and into Asheville we were hit with reality. A gigged out car with busted, buzzing speakers blaring rap music and a McDonald's on the first corner greeted us along with the 84 degrees. A far cry from the Windham Hill CD I was playing during the ride. In an instant we were back and still 7 hours from home.
Connecticut was amazing. We saw a beautiful farmhouse that is my inspiration. I have it posted on top of my blog. Will we live in that house? Probably not, but it sets a template for me. A farmhouse built in 1880 with 4700 square feet on 5 acres with a barn and greenhouse! The possibilities are endless! The lay of the land is so beautiful. A garden and chickens with land for my sons to explore. A pantry to stock my jams and preserves. 4 fireplaces to help keep the chill out of the big house in the dead of winter. Sorry, I'm babbling!
I miss 4 seasons, especially Autumn. The colors, smells and chilly wind that nips at your neck. The still of winter after a snow fall leaves a peace that is inescapable. My sons haven't experienced snow yet and because I grew up in Mississippi I never experienced snow until I was grown. To go sledding for the first time with my kids will be awesome. Yes it's really cold but it's so much fun too. I'm allowing myself to think out loud all the thoughts I dared to dream about until Mike was ready to commit to this "Life Move" as I call it. He forgot how much he missed it and is ready to go back to New England. So am I!
1 comment:
so glad it was a successful trip and you both have renewed motivation! wow, the farm house looks amazing!! but, there will be another one when the time is right with your name on it!!
Post a Comment