Country Background

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Nothing fancy, just a quilt!

I made homemade whole wheat bread this week and it's gone. Three loaves, 3 men and the bread gone, enjoyed by my husband and sons. Next...homemade preserves and a quilt for the winter. Now don't get me wrong. I would love to be able to sew a fancy quilt made for a magazine. I'm more the type of quilter that doesn't mind if all the squares don't meet exactly in the middle. When it's toasty warm on a cold winter's night I'm a happy girl. The next few weeks I'll be focusing on a garage sale, to get rid of clutter, quilting and making preserves. If you have any recipes to share or easy quilts to make, please let me know. I would love it.
Take care and Peace to everyone!

2 comments:

Hopeful said...

what type of preserve are you wanting to make? sounds like some good days are ahead of you!

Cheryl at The Cottage Times said...

Lets see, Plum and Strawberry jam is on my list. I would love a recipe for apple butter also.