I had the dream of a home in the country with my family, our pets and gardening. I have my amazing husband, beautiful kids and even grandsons! My life is increased with this love and true appreciation of family, health and living life as it comes each day. This is a true happiness that I am blessed to know.
Country Background
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Fresh Baked Bread
I did it. I baked my first loaf of bread yesterday. It was heaven. The boys and Mike loved it and I was perfect. I can't believe my first try I got it right and it was so easy. I have pictures to download to. I made 15 bean soup in the crock and fresh baked bread. I know this is comfort food for the winter but I'm starting early. Plus, I can get 2 days worth of meals out of this. First Soup then a cassarole! The total cost for meal? Less than 10 dollars for 2 dinners and a loaf of bread. Not bad! Pics to come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yum! what did you make? bread maker or oven?
It is oven baked but from a box. I'm thrilled at my first try at yeast and the bread rose. A small victory for me and a big win the Mike and the boys, they devoured it! I found the recipe for home made yeast bread online that I'm going to try tomorrow.
Thanks for the comments, I hope the house in Arkansas is going well.
Take Care!
Post a Comment