We aren't going through anything anyone else hasn't experienced preparing for a 1200 mile move. It's stressful and there are highs, lows and sighs...this time next week we'll be arriving with our road weary caravan of 2 kids, 3 cats, 2 dogs.
I can't wait. No, really! I can't wait until the house is painted, cleaned and the odds and ends I had to wait to the last minute to pack are delivered (hopefully in one piece)! I'm working 8 to 10 hours a day cleaning, painting, and detailing the house for our tenant before we move. I just don't kno if we'll be able to paint all the rooms she wanted. I bought the paint but am running out of time. It's hard to touch up wood floors with boxes everywhere. She is awesome though. We volunteered to paint for her. Some of our colors, like the Mango music room, was a bit bright. So we're plowing throw the rooms that have to get done and hope she can have her son finish the other 2 rooms.
Today, I shoveled out Alex and Brian's room. I found rocks, copper wire, marbles, missing super hero toys and a lot of change mixed in with other junk "formerly known as cool things". I threw away 4 bags of stuff that I assured Brian we could replace up north. He isn't quite sure if they have to same stores up there that we have here. I assured him there is and he's good with that until he finds another treasure in the garbage bag he doesn't want to part with. I have to keep an eye on him. He has the makings of a hoarder. Albeit, bottle caps and coupons....It adds up and doesn't fare well under his bed with a collection of shells, rocks and lost pieces of his art.
So I plundered, packed and tossed out half of their room, took the beds apart, emptied everything except for a big dresser and began painting. Mike came in and helped so much. I edged and he did the big hit. We work really well together. A couple hours later and I was finished with the mail color. Now I have to repaint the doors and trim. That won't be too bad.
So to tally our work the past few days: We painted the Mango room a creamy white, painted the bathroom the same glowing white and I did't the cornflower blue bedroom (soon to be office). I moved some furniture to the garage, washed some laundry, cleaned out the fridge and scrubbed the bathroom once the paint was dry. Unfortunately, dinner tonight was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a glass of juice. It was all my back would let me do. I promise a better dinner tomorrow.
I have pictures but can't find my camera today! I'll put together a compilation when we're moved. A montage of "what were they thinking?" Mike asks me once a day if we are crazy? I assure him we are but it's a great move and we won't regret it. It's hard to move so far to a new state, new job, and a new career for me.
With all the drama I'm excited to be moving forward with our lives and starting a new chapter. I'm excited for our sons too. There is so much to see and experience. We have done so much here in the Southeast, now it's time to change our venue. If we decide we want to move back when we're older we still have a house here being taken care of by our awesome new tenant Millie.
I pray my in-laws move up and join us or their other daughter in NY. We really want them closer. Ultimately, it's their decision. We are going to miss them so much. The boys will too. They are going to miss their poppy! I pray everyday that their path will lead them north very soon.
Sorry to babble so long. Take Care and always,
Peace to You and Yours!

No comments:
Post a Comment