Today I'm packing and patiently waiting for our closing date. Next month we'll be settling into our ole 1750 tavern and learning the creaks and pops of our new old house. I'm told there are occupants that never left and as long as they're just curious and mindful not to scare the kids, or me, I'm ok with that.
It was their house well before it was ours. All I'm asking is to mind your footsteps late at night and don't slam the doors. Ok, don't open them either! Just pass through like we all know you can. If you have to be fussy about us new tenants, remember we love the house as much as you do.
Yea, right. I'm writing to spirits! That's not crazy, is it? We still can't wait to move in to our (soon to be) new home that used to be a tavern and inn. It was the gathering place of Revolutionary officers and politicians. Travelers would have stopped there to eat and rest on their way to Boston. Washington may have visited a time or two, although he probably went to the Cotton Tavern. It used to be owned by Renee Zellweger.
I won't post more pics of another move. We just did that a year ago from Florida. When we get the keys you will be flooded with pictures and stories of our lives in a true, colonial homestead in a beautiful part of our country.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment