Country Background

Thursday, May 23, 2013

So many times we've been distracted by details that make it easy to forget the true value of a loving, healthy family and the warmth of a home.  I've been riddled by quotes like, "nothing worth while is easy"  or worse "it is what it is".  Ridiculous and confounding obstacles that make my neck squeeze until a headache sprouts at the top of my head and refuses to go away.  All of this created by obstacles whose end result is worth the time but not the stress it invokes.  

We're inching closer to our little piece of Heaven in Connecticut and it's stressful and amazing.  Once we are able to call the tavern our home I will have a perpetual smile, ear to ear, planted on my face!  Nothing worth while has never come very easy for us but we enjoy the reward so much more.

I pray for all of you out there that are striving to meet goals and hitting walls and obstacles along the way.  We just keep putting one foot in front of the other and I place my trust in God that our hard work, patience and tenacity will see us through.  I pray the same for anyone else who is in the same boat.  And when something doesn't work out, well, "it is what it is but...something more amazing than you could let yourself imagine is right around the corner.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Moore, Ok., the brave, wonderful ladies from Cleveland, and the victim's families,survivors and loved ones as a result of the evil attack at the Boston Marathon.  I have so much hope for humanity and won't let it be wasted by sound bites of the media garnering ratings.

There are so many blessings in the adversity of our world.  I will focus on this and always pray for...

Peace!

No comments: