After a lot of expected (and unexpected) bumps and trials since our move to New England I have two exceptional stories to tell. First my daughter was married this weekend in Guam to an amazing guy in the Air Force named Manny Jacoby. Steffi graduated from college 3 weeks ago, flew to Guam to marry a incredible you man she met while on mission last summer in Saipan. You never know where your path will lead you in life. We are so proud of Steff and happy she met her match in life.
A homestead is around the corner and we are humbled to have the opportunity to purchase and be the caretakers of a beautiful old tavern from 1755. It is so beautiful with original character and amazing history that helped shaped our country. The current owners are fellow homesteaders and brought her back to life over the past 10 years. Without further ado, I would like to introduce "The William Sumner Tavern"
God Willing, Soon to Be Our New Home!
I don't want to jinx anything. I've waited a few weeks but can't hold back my excitement and happiness. There is just over an acre with plenty of room for a garden, chickens and guests! This weekend we bought our first gift to the house. A "made in America" twill Betsy Ross colonial flag! I can't wait until we can fly it over the front door.
Boston One Fund Connecticut
My husband and his band played a Boston One Fund benefit here in Connecticut this weekend and it was a great time. We were able to help raise money for the victims of the tragedy in Boston on April 15. Our 13 year old son was able to showcase his blues guitar and made me an even prouder mom than I already am. He had a grown man that was standing next to me cry as he played along side my husband. It was an amazing time and Alex's first time in front of a crowd. Another path that is being laid down and this time for my oldest son who is growing up so fast.
It's been awhile and I miss the blog world. I'll be checking in and catching up on my favorite blogs. I miss you guys!
Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment