Country Background

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ides of Winter

Ides of Winter

Adorn yourself with sleeves of kindness to hold and comfort
those you love
Lace your fingers with gems of grace
where peace may flow to those in haste fueled by disdain
to cast hurt and waste

Place upon your soul jewels replete in splendor
that all may share
and in your God you may surrender
every fear and sorrow
you must,
So that this life is filled with wonder and love.

No jewel so bright can lift a soul from sadness borne by other's troll
so lift yourself above the fray to see the world from miles away
Sparkling waters that dance and flow
Mountains that gleam from their crown of snow
Soil left to rest in fields barren and grey
As the ides of winter to spring give way

Birds take flight and capture it all
Eating only what they need
squandering nothing at all

Nature's bounty brims with life
I'll bathe myself in Earth's delight
warmth of the sun and moonlit nights

So I cast my thoughts into the sea, its abyss will swallow the dark side of me
Renewed in Spirit in Peace I delight
A new day comes after every dark night.


I wrote this today, I haven't written a poem in years.  When we find a new home that will be our own, I'll post on gardening and chickens and everything in between.  Until we get there I might be a bit boring.  Thanks for following and reading!

By C.A. of Cottage Times
Valentines Day 2013

Peace!







No comments: