I got to paint the coop today. The ladies didn't seem to mind and a few of them kept their eyes on me. I talked to them as I painted and they seemed to like it. One in particular, I called her Miss Busy Body, stayed with me nearly all day. I'm going to love these girls and...I can't leave out Mr. Big Mouth. He tries to keep the girls in line but I don't think they listen to him too much. Two of the girls took a mole from the cat and had a tasty treat. One didn't want to share and ran all over the yard trying to keep away from the other. It was funny.
At the end of the day I had a sore back and a big smile at the prospect of our, soon to be, colonial homestead. I'm wondering if I have enough time to put in a pumpkin patch for fall? So much to do and it's all amazing. Here's a picture of the half-finished coop.


No comments:
Post a Comment