My heart started racing...I didn't know why. Sometimes I get anxious but not with a racing heart, and I get horror-mones sometimes when I pms. Even when I'm stressed my bp tops at 117/68. This was just a regular morning and I could feel my heart galloping along like it used to years ago when I took diet pills but never lost weight.
I mentioned it to my husband (the rn) and he said..."yea, what's wrong"?
For those of you out there that have a spouse in the medical field you know if it isn't falling off, broken or passed out..it'll be ok, don't worry about it. They tend to brush off the scraped knees and bruises as no big deal. Except to the 9 year old that just fell off the bike, it's life and death. So it's off to mom they run! I love it and I'm not even going to lie. Band aids to the rescue and a hug sends them on their way to do it again.
Disclaimer!!! Don't get me wrong, My sweetie is just that. He's an awesome husband and a great dad. It's just that when you see far worse on a regular basis...a scraped knee is, just a scraped knee.
So I was running around like I always do in the morning. Cleaning up, picking up and my pulse didn't slow down. What the heck? So I sat down a few minutes and my husband asked if it was still the same. Yes it was. Then I was flushed and felt warm. It was a cool morning and everyone was comfortable but me. So I'm thinking it's getting to be that time and my hormones are just being stupid. I turned the air down and stood under the air vent and felt the cool air dry my damp forehead. This is unusual for me.
So my heart was racing and my pulse felt a little fast and I was starting to sweat a little bit. What the heck? I went to change into shorts and a tee and I got chills. It hit me, a hot flash? No way!!! I'm too young. Hot flashes...Chills...Racing heart and a little jumpy?
I got on the Internet and looked up my symptoms and it appears I may have had my first mini hot flash. This is so weird, I can't even tell you. And it feels strange that just 12 years ago I was about to have my oldest son and here I am experiencing perimenopause. I'm too young and I refuse! I'm only 45! Hmmm.....this I have to think about. Like it or not, I'm going in to a new phase of my life kicking and screaming with a racing heart and sweat dripping down my forehead. Ewww....
No one ever tells you!
2 comments:
Oh isnt it lovely? My hot flashes only affect my back usually. Nothing like having a hot back with sweat running down to your butt - weird I know :)
Hi Denise, not wierd at all. Just life as we know it. My head sweats. It's gross to be talking to someone and suddenly I have sweat pouring down my head in reasonably comfortable temps. My galloping heart still pounds almost daily too. Hey, maybe I'll lose a few lbs. along the way!?
I hope all is well!
Post a Comment