It's barely been a week and my squash are popping their heads out of the ground. What a sweet surprise. I have one little sprout of oregano coming up also. I thought it would take a couple weeks but hey...I haven't had a veggie garden in a long time. A really long time and it's so gratifying. The black grasshoppers are out in full force trying to eat everything in sight and I may have a garden that is destined to feed the wrong family. It's a start. I still have the other 2 garden beds to make and fill with healthy dirt then plant. I'm going to plant marigolds in between to help keep the critters away. My yard is mostly sand so the raised beds are a must. The only thing I'm guaranteed to have thrive are the weeds and they do just fine. I'm not one to waste water on my lawn. I have grass, just not the thick luscious Bermuda that is so popular here in Florida. Anyway, the garden is started and now I think once the other 2 beds are down and planted I'll tackle a coop. It looks like we're going to be here for a bit longer so I'm digging in (and loving it!)
I prepared the boy's lesson plans for the next few weeks late after everyone went to bed. It's the only time I can get anything done with out interruptions. I haven't used a specific curriculum to date but that is going to change next school year. Brian is reading so much better. We went from Hooked on Phonics last year to him reading level 2. I'm so proud of him. He sits and practices writing constantly. That is also leaps ahead of his work last year. I was happy to have him practice writing and get his fingers to hang on the pencil. This year he holds it correct and is doing so much better. Now he is getting into math. Just your basic addition and subtraction, but he's autistic and I am so proud of how hard he works. Now about those tantrums. One step at a time. He is much better all around. Alex is more difficult. He argues every point and puts off assignments. It's frustrating. If he put in half the effort Brian does he would be teaching me geometry.
I have to get to sleep. Have a great week all and as always,
Peace to You and Yours!
2 comments:
glad your garden is coming up and keep up the good work with the kids. you sound more content with life there and that's GREAT.
Thanks. I'm adapting! Bloom where your planted, I guess. We still look for a little homestead in NC occasionally. I want to live and be completely where I am. (even here) So I'm planting some roots, will learn from my garden and take it with me. Wherever that may be.
I have blooms on the squash and 15 tomatoes on the stems. I love going out and seeing the progress everyday.
Thank you for following me and keeping in touch. I hope all is well.
Post a Comment