Where does the time go? I was able to resolve my issues with the Pay pal user that responded rather quickly to my letter sent certified mail. It was simple either he pays the amount he owes or he pays legal fees and the amount he owes. He opted for no legal fees and everything is at it should have been 5 years ago.
Time...I can't believe it's Easter weekend. I'm not a stereotypical mom that does Easter eggs and bunnies for my boys. They are a bit old and to be honest, I don't get the whole bunny and eggs thing. As a matter of fact, even when I was a kid I really didn't understand why kids got excited over a bunny that lays eggs. I mean, there is no Easter chicken that lays the pretty dyed eggs. Somehow the Easter bunny evolved to hide eggs everywhere? I prefer to focus on the spirituality of this Holy week.
I have a new job. It's part time and flexible. I work for a company that is contracted to check product availability at a MAJOR superstore in everytown from here to the middle of no where. I'm a vendor but the workers at this store think I'm stealing information with my netbook and scanner and the management hates me because my job makes them look bad if their store isn't in good shape. All the shoppers get upset when they find out I don't work there and they have to walk another mile to find an employee that can help them. It's a job. I'm blessed to have and though my feet hate me and my back complains, I am sooo very happy to be getting a paycheck.
There is a downside that helps me focus on the long term. Have you ever gone into this store and seen the stockers? The greeters aren't the only "retired" folks working for this American icon. Today I saw a man that had to be in his late 60's stocking shelves and he looked so tired. He was and should have been at home relaxing and enjoying retirement. He was doing back breaking work. We are working harder than ever for less money than ever because we have to. I suppose there are a few retirees out there that are working because they're bored but the majority? I think not. I heard one woman employee (as I was signing in) complaining to her co worker that she had been at this store for 11 years. She was still part time even though she tried to move up and get full time and they never offered her benefits. After 11 years...I'm thinking: no retirement, 401k, health, pension...nothing but a part time paycheck?
I waked the hallowed isles of 5 stores the past 2 days. 12 hours yesterday and 8 today. I'm going to stop babbling for the night. Time to pray and then lights out! My Easter prayer to all who read me; those I know of and others that prefer to hide, I offer my sincere hope that your life is filled with love, light, happiness, hope, peace and the blessing of a full life.
Peace to Everyone!
PS, I got the raised beds started. 3 done and 2 to go. It's a start! Pictures to come...
1 comment:
wow, your job sounds hard but interesting as you're getting an inside view as an outsider. hope you had a good easter! glad to see you back posting.
Post a Comment