Country Background

Monday, January 3, 2011

Animal Control and My Aggressive Brown Dog...



We got an unexpected visit the other day.  Brian looked out the window and saw animal control outside.  We had to report a neighbor that let his pit bull roam the neighborhood daily.  Although she seems OK, Brian is petrified of her.  So about a month ago we reported it to the city.  

Suddenly we had animal control checking on our reported "aggressive, brown dog".  This would be Floyd, my birthday puppy that is 4 months old.  Someone in the neighborhood reported to the city that Floyd was out and was aggressive toward them that morning.  Mike and I laughed but she was serious!
Number 1 - He had not gone out for a walk that morning.  I was sick and the boys were playing.
Number 2,3 & 4 - He's not aggressive, is always walked on a leash and is only outside without a leash in our back yard which is completely fenced in.

Anyway, Animal control asked to see "the dog".   Of course, I couldn't find the leash.  Alex put it somewhere that he couldn't remember and we finally just carried him out to see her.

She was all business but when she saw him she just melted and he sniffed and licked her.  She saw his city/ micro chip id on his collar and it was over.  She couldn't believe he was just a puppy and after a long conversation I learned that there are 2 people on our loop that call them on a regular basis.  She said one calls the city every week and lies on purpose.  

I don't understand why someone would fabricate a complete lie.   I know it wasn't the person with the pit bull that we called about.  She confirmed that for me.  I thought maybe it was retaliation.  The person gave an anonymous tip about our dog.  Hmm...She told us to not even give it a second thought.  Mike was concerned about walking him on a leash even.  What should we do?  Can we keep walking Floyd around, is this something we should be worried about?  No worries!

So I have a rogue neighbor that doesn't like our dog or maybe us.  Whatever!  I just don't understand the lying.  I can tolerate pretty much anything but lying.

By the way, Floyd has grown so much.  He's smart as a whip and has a great bark.  He plays non-stop with Baxter, our 9 lb. Shih Tzu that's 3 years old and Bones my cat that's almost 2 years old.   I'll chalk up the complaint to end of the year grumbles...

1 comment:

Hopeful said...

oh, my! well, there will always be annoying people we just don't understand. because your pup is young and obviously so friendly, you can laugh at it i hope. animal control knows your dog and apparently knows the tattler well! just keep on walking him and have fun! happy new year!