Country Background

Friday, December 31, 2010

Ready for the New Year 1-1-11

I want to wish all of you a Blessed and Bountiful New Year!  Truly...our world is changing so much and at times it perplexes me to the ends of the earth where common kindness and goodwill have gone.  When I read articles on the internet about little old ladies being arrested for having a brown lawn or a mom being cited for running a daycare without a license in Michigan.  The school bus stopped in front of her house and she allowed the kids (along with her own children) to wait inside during rain or winter weather.  A neighbor tattled on her for helping watch over the kids.  What road are we traveling down as a society?  

I'm not a big fan of new year's eve.  I never really had a good time when I went out.  When I was younger my expectations were clearly too high for the "biggest" night of the year.  That was my early twenties!  Then, I realized I had a much better time keeping it simple with meditation, prayer and Dick Clark's Rock'n New Year's Eve.

The past 2 years I have spent my winter's solstice in prayer and meditation as the new year.  Nonetheless, as the calender year ends I am reminded by my neighbors, family and friends the importance of my dream of a farm.  A small slice of earth in the country.  It is my hope to continue to care for my family, home school my sons and work part time.  Oops also, one more thing that is important...I've let myself go while being unemployed and need to trim 50, yep that's a big 5-0....50 pounds from my pantry!  I've done it before and I'm going to do it again.  So those are the biggies for me.  I don't call these resolutions...I'm going to keep living the way I have and add a part time job and a healthy lifestyle!  But I'm going to keep my blog updated on my pantry!  ha ha....what else do I call it...fat, yuck...I think from now on it's going to be pantry updates...stay tuned.

I continue to say a prayer for all of you who read and follow me.  I think everyone can use a little prayer along the way and if I forget on occasion I'll through in an extra one for good measure when I remember that I forgot!
I'm pretty sure that's a run on sentence but I'm a little loopy on Night Time cold medicine. No champagne for me...it's pj's and cold syrup!

Now that I  have babbled my way nearly to next year, I want to thank you for following me and I sincerely wish you and yours a Blessed 2011!

Peace!  

1 comment:

Hopeful said...

good luck on your pantry and look forward to the updates! yes, don't lose sight of your little slice of heaven in the country - no matter what's going on in the world, i truly think likeminded folks still nestle themselves away from the crazy stuff in the world. wishing you a blessed new year!