Tonight we had our first snowfall this year. January 12th and finally snow. It rained so hard on Sunday and today, snow.
Alex is going to public school and is in high school with a handful of good friends and a love of Latin and music. Brian has decided he wants to attend Alex's high school too and may start next year as a 9th grader. It's hard to see them grow up so fast and of course we worry. But we're parents and it's part of the job description. Each morning I watch Alex get on the bus from behind the curtain so none of his friends will see me. He says I don't have to but I do it because he's still my Dinkers and that is that!
Since we moved up our family has increased in the best possible ways too. My beautiful daughter that I placed for adoption when she was newborn moved an hour away with her husband. We keep in touch and visit. I can confirm that prayers are answered in the most stunning ways and not only did they stay with my family while they acclimated to life in New England (after living in Guam) and found a home, but were blessed with twin boys born in October. I'm a grandmother. This doesn't take away from her mom who raised her and loves her. I can't and wont call myself her mom. I can say I love my daughter as much as my sons and I consider her family my family and I love the thought of being a grandma...it's enough to know that they are a happy, healthy and loving family. The icing on the cake is I get to know my daughter and my grandsons. My prayers were answered 10 fold.
My husband has a daughter from an early relationship. She too is a beautiful young lady is finding her way through life and school. She has visited us often and I see a lot of Mike in her. She also came on Christmas Day. Our house was full with our growing family and I enjoyed this Christmas more than any other. It's a bittersweet circle as my father declines and our family grows I only want to remember to enjoy each day, each moment and try to not take any of these days for granted.
I started a business almost 2 years ago and while I was able to work and pay myself last year, the past few months have waned and I interviewed for a VA job today. I am hopeful I'll get the job. We'll see. There are so many taxes for everything you never imagined in Ct. and I don't feel it's worth the difficulty juggling the cost of doing business. It's too much. So...I'm considering bringing it to a halt. I have to think about it.
My resolution for 2016 is to simplify. I believe it will be easier for me to work at a stable job and hopefully that will be with the state and settle into a routine. Regular paychecks will be welcome as well.
I am struggling with my dad's illness, guilt for being so far away and not being there for him. So I pray for him and check in. Sometimes more than others. He's on hospice and soon he will be relieved from his suffering. I'm reminded of how short we have through my father and 2 blogs that I follow. Two amazingly strong women who are overcoming tremendous losses in their lives. I am so very thankful for every moment with my husband, kids and grandsons.
So I'm focusing on my family, planning a spring garden and trying to be a good wife, mom and grandma! I couldn't ask for more but sometimes I do. I just pray for countless more years with my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment