Can we turn off the cable, the cell phones and, dare I say it, the internet. What would life be like? I've been asking Mike about having our cable turned off. OFF! He's getting closer to it. We have agreed to get rid of our cell phone contract at the end of the year and there is no need for 250 channels of television channels that seem to dumb down and discourage our society. To much reality and nothing is real.
Even the meat you eat...I was at work yesterday (at a big box store) when the manager was proud to show me how they have a new meat product. He showed me the difference in the cuts and it all looked the same to me. But, there was a difference...the meat in the black foam packaging isn't injected with a beef broth filler! What, a filler in meat to make it taste more like meat? What in the world is happening to our food market? So the new meat (hmm?) is better and it has a fancy black foam packaging and flashy sticker that proudly proclaims "usda choice". Shouldn't all meat being sold be choice? I'm glad I don't buy meat or produce from them, but so what? I buy my meat from a local grocer because I haven't found a local co op. I went to a local independent butcher. His meat was from the mid west. It wasn't organic his building just looked like it would be. The building looked rustic on the outside and was clean and wholesome inside just what a person might look for when shopping for local meat and produce.
So I wonder, what is in the filler that they inject to the meat? Is that listed on the ingredients? NO. What else are putting in our foods that they don't have to disclose?
More to come!
Peace to All!
2 comments:
They use broth with MSG because the meat has no taste without it. And you know that ground beef that you buy in the package doesnt just come from one cow, it comes from many so if one is sick or diseased that meat is in there too all ground up. We're getting meat delivered in a few weeks from a local grower and will have it processed at a local butcher. My hubby works at a large grocery chain and you wouldnt believe what he has learned about food from working there. You should look on the internet for a local beef farmer. That's what I did.
hi again! long time no write. glad to see you're still at it! i've had a long break on my blog due to difficulties but am back now. i liked this post and you're sooo right about our food industry. i'm blessed to be by an all organic food coop that has been around since the early 70's. as much local as they can get as well. it's scary to go into a "regular" grocery store.
Post a Comment