It has been a busy few weeks and I've missed keeping up with my fellow bloggers that I follow. I feel connected to a greater goodness by following you guys that believe in a simpler life and just knowing there are like minded folks out there makes all of my hair brained ideas seem not so "out there". I say hair brained because I want a few chickens and bought seeds for my garden today. It may seem unusual to have a micro mini farm in Jacksonville Fl. but I'm doing it! We have a quarter acre in the city and that is a lot of land in this town. Instead of waiting to buy a piece of land with a cute farm house in NC I'm blooming right where I am.
The fence is up and my wierd neighbor with all of his backyard stuff and vacant stares are now tucked behind a lovely 6ft privacy fence. Now I have one more hurdle...Actually 3 big hurdles! We have 3 huge oaks that have a canopy that blocks the sun where I can have my garden. So now I need to convince my husband to get some estimates on taking at least one, maybe two of them down. We would still have 3 toward the back of the yard. No sun, no garden! It's really expensive to take trees down and money is tight! If its meant to be it will happen. I know from past experience I need to let it go and pray. Meanwhile my husband and I have taken down 8 smaller trees on our own and cleared it between the rainy days.
This coming week I get to teach my sons how to plant seeds and watch them grow! I love homeschooling! There is nothing like eating food you've grown yourself and now they will have that experience.
PS. Has anyone heard of the Tightwad Gazette? It's an awesome book and newsletters from the 90's that have great ideas for thrifting! If you can find the book take a look!
Have a Great Weekend and as always,
Peace!
2 comments:
It's been so long since I've read your blog!! We have been busy here as well. And we will be putting up a fence for the same reasons!!! We have decided for a HSing project to have a worm compost since my dd loves worms :)
I'm glad to see everything is coming along....I really need to update my blog.....
I've been so busy too. I don't know where the time goes. Now that the fence is up it has been too cold to plant yet. Today it's finally in the 70's. I love the worm compost project idea. We were playing with worms last week and it was a great HSing lesson. I haven't followed any blogs in a too long. I'll be posting today though. I hope you find it interesting and I would love to hear your feedback.
Thanks for reading! Have a great weekend!
Cheryl
Post a Comment