Country Background

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Shutters are Up...

The shutters are up, and I hope they stay up there! What a job. We are the proud owners of a tiny cottage that is stucco over cinderblock. It was built in 1947 are we are the 2nd owners. The stucco/concrete was sooo dense to drill into, I wondered how they ever got the shutters mounted back in the day. If you haven't read prior blogs I found the original shutters in the top rafters of the one car garage! They are solid wood and 25 lbs. each! So in 40 degree temps we got out there (for the third time)and made it happen. I don't have the shutter dogs in yet and will add those pics when done. I have a lot of detail work to finish on painting, but considering this house was white stucco with black plastic shutters and a black roof I am sooo happy to have color!

No comments: