Many of you know I live in the quintessential foreclosure, bath salt induced, zombie capital of the U.S of A. It's not an honor but rather an embarrassment. I live in this surreal state of immigrants, transients, pedophiles and zombies. Its crazy. Thank heavens we aren't in south Florida. There are just too many people down there and when you can buy legal "fake" marijuana under the premise of "incense" and called "scooby snacks" and bath salts that are another legal, toxic mix of a bath salt all over the state. I got the unwanted FYI compliments of my ex-meth addict neighbor.
She was so excited about how her and her husband found legal marijuana at the local BP gas station and she loved it. She introduced herself to us when they moved in a few houses down and told us her life story of homelessness, her husband, a felon convicted of cooking meth (in front of the babies) and was trying to convince us they had cleaned up their act. All of this as she picked at invisible bugs on her arms and scratched the soars that were everywhere. It was hard but they got their act together and with 2 little ones and 2 teens they were beating the odds. Fast forward to a few months ago when she came over all excited that pot is now legal. Oh my...no it isn't. She and her husband had smoked so much of the real thing that it no longer had any effect. So she found out about this new stuff that is legal and it's a plant...I wanted to know what the....heck was going on. What I found scared the dickens out of me. It is very toxic and should be outlawed immediately. It's acetone (fingernail polish remover) that is sprayed on herbs with other toxins until completely coated and causes brain damage, violent behavior and....it's nuts. I had the misfortune of dating an addict years ago and can tell you this woman is a breath away from doing Meth again. Then the zombie attack happened to Poppo, a homeless man in Miami. The suspect that was killed was suspected of being on bath salts. Bath Salts? I never heard of it. It's the same kind of toxic mix but snorted and now there are reports of these flesh eating cases creeping up everywhere. It's a little too PsyFi for me. But you know, we have to stay up to date on the latest to protect our families. What in the world is going on?
So toxic fake drugs are creating flesh eating lunatics and the never ending deluge of rain is creating a swarm of blood sucking mosquitoes like I have never seen in my 13 years here. They are everywhere. My garage keeps taking on water no matter the gutters. It is so much rain that it just comes in under the door. So the mosquitoes are in the garage. I'm ready for bug-aggedon! I'm taking them down once the rain stops.
One more small tiny problem. Two windows in our sun room seemed to have developed a leak with all of the rain. It drips through as the rain continues to pour a few inches a day. Until it clears up and dries out we can't do anything but put towels on the window sills and hope for sunshine soon.
I'm hoping we can fix all the little issues with our tiny house and rent it out. Perhaps a nice family of clean zombies that prefer Calgon to bath salts and grilled steak to human sushi. That would be nice.
I already have a Munster living next door...that's a whole other story....so much unintended drama has happened the past 2 weeks. I can't wrap my brain around it all.
I've written posts I just haven't posted them. Perhaps someone can give me guidance. Another childhood friend that told my sons if they don't go to church on Sunday they will burn in hell. What a clever way to teach our children that God is mean and horrible and will throw all to burn in hell at a drop of a hat. Gee, what happens to folks that can't make it to church? Will a home prayer do. What of the pioneers that sat atop hills, in valleys or a top mountains and sat silent awe at the wonder in front of them. No churches were around and did they too, burn in hell. I think not. Our God is a loving God and a just God. Geez, can we please stop scaring the kids half to death. Oh yea, the same 9 year old proclaimed he was saved and "all faggots are gonna burn in hell!" He said it so proud. It made me sad. Judge not, lest ye be judged.
Peace to You and Yours!
Peace!
2 comments:
Cheryl, thanks for your comment on my blog. I was on my way to your post on Home Economics and stopped o read this one .... my, my... I don't know what to say! Our culture isn't just on a slippery slope, we're caught in a mudslide! (mudslides are BAD news for CA residents). I read about some of this on internet news and thought... " is this really a coincidence, a copycat thing, or the side effects of a pschotrophic drug? " Not sure one is better than the other, but I kind of fear the latter. (Can you believe my gynecologist is now a Cannabis practitioner? We're going mainstream in CA.)
Sounds like you have plans to move? I usually encourage folks to make their current "homestead" work, but your case would be an exception. We finally had to move from a similar situation as well. It wasn't our only reason for moving but it sure made us look faster. like you we actually had a good relationship with our neighbors, but after a while (years) we realized things weren't likely to change and things were getting weirder and weirder. Our girls were our first priority and along with some other safety issues, we realized it was time to move on. So we moved into a rental for 2+ years where the windows leaked (poured water) every time it rained! :-)
Amy, Thank you so much for checking in. I have a little saying; "Bloom where you're planed". I have done this for the most part. We are looking out for our 2 sons and their future. I had to laugh about your Gyn. so funny. Times are changes and I welcome a simpler life and believe less is more. They just released the results of the flesh eater in Miami and it seems he wasn't on bath salts. I kind of wish he was, then it would explain his bizarre behavior. Now, I want to know what caused it?
I love your blog and read it as often as time permits. Thank you once again for stopping by. Have a great day!
Cheryl
Post a Comment